Permission to Skate and Releases (Clarington Girls Hockey Association)

OWHA logo
PrintPermission to Skate and Releases

Permission to Skate and Releases
No player is permitted to skate with another OWHA hockey association (including 'birthday skates') until April 19, 2023, unless their current association grants permission.

No "Release" or "Permission to Skate (PTS)" shall be executed until the Team Manager of the player's current team verifies that the player owes no funds to the team.

****PTS' will not be processed until April 13, 2023 Please do not email the Registrar; if you do, you will not receive a response due to the volume of other urgent responsibilities. 

What is "Permission to Skate" (PTS) and when do I need one?

  • Every player registered with an association cannot skate with the OWHA organization without approval from their current association.
  • Permission to Skate is the form you complete if you want to try out for another OWHA association.

What is a "Release" and when do I need one?

  • A release removes you from the CGHA.
  • You are "assigned" to a new association in the OWHA database.
  • No paper releases will be provided. When you sign with a new association, an automatic release will be generated in the registration system.
  • The registrar will confirm the player does not have any outstanding obligations to their current team and will perform the electronic release.

What’s the process to obtain a PTS 1. Fill out the online form, here.
2. The CGHA Registrar will email you a copy within 24-48 hours
Important - If this player has not registered for tryouts at another centre, the PTS will not be issued.